Join your colleagues in the Gateway Chapter Discussions forum on alanet.org! This is a ListServ, which is a convenient e-mail forum for sharing information, exchanging ideas, and discussing matters of general interest to chapter members.
To subscribe, first log into your ALA International account at alanet.org. Then:
- Click on the Communities icon at the top of your screen.
- Hover over "More Options," and then click "My Subscriptions."
- On the Subscriptions page, click on the plus sign on the left side of your screen to "Add Subscriptions."
- Select the Gateway Chapter Discussions subscription and set your preference for when to receive emails (we recommend "Immediate Email" so you can be an active part of any discussion.).
After you've subscribed, you will receive emails from [email protected] when someone posts to the ListServ. You can also send emails to that email address to initiate a new message. (You must be subscribed to the Gateway Chapter Discussion forum to use this email address.)
Here are some important details about the ALA Gateway Listserv:
Restricted Access: This Listserv has been established for the exclusive use of Gateway chapter members. Business Partners are restricted from participating on the Listserv.
Guidelines: ALA Gateway wants to protect the rights of all list users, to comply with copyright and other regulations, and to prevent violations of the law. Therefore, by participating in the list you agree to abide by the following guidelines and agree to the disclaimer appearing below.
- Always check the “To” address line before you begin composing a reply to be certain your message will be sent to your intended recipient.
- To maintain the confidentiality of discussions here, do not forward list messages or threads to others.
- This is a discussion group where opinions are welcome but challenging or attacking others is not.
- Do not post commercial messages nor defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials.
- Do not post event invitations or other promotional materials on behalf of Business Partners, other vendors, or other legal organizations.
- Event and charitable invitations may by posted if hosted solely by an ALA Gateway member firm.
- Do not post information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that s/he owns the copyright or has received permission from the copyright owner.
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct that is intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices; discounts; terms or conditions of a sale; salaries; profits, profit margins or cost data; market shares, sales territories or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers.
- ALA Gateway reserves the right to terminate access, without notice, to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Disclaimer: This list is provided as a service of ALA. ALA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted by others herein. ALA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ALA be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on the list.
The Gateway Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators is a separate legal entity from the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA). ALA licenses the use of its name, mark, logos and other protected properties to chapters that are in good standing. ALA disclaims all liability or responsibility whatsoever for the actions, representations and liabilities of the Gateway Chapter, specifically including those of any nature whatsoever arising from or out of the content of other features related to the Gateway Chapter website. In no event shall ALA be deemed the guarantor of the Gateway Chapter.