HRIC - Human Resources Interactive Conference: Turning It Around!
There’s still time to register for the Human Resources Conference for Legal Professionals being held on November 3-5, 2014, at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel in Las Vegas!
This is not going to be your typical HR conference. The sessions will be interactive with many immediate take-aways. They have been custom-designed to deliver higher level content to educate HR specialists as well as the administrator wearing any hats.
Do you need HRCI credits? 25 sessions have been submitted to HRCI to date. For a full listing of the sessions, visit the ALA website at http://www.alanet.org/hrc/
Conference events will include pre-conference workshops that address today’s industry trends; a Keynote Address delivered by international speaker, Libby Gill; Power Talks; Business Matters Sessions; a Business Partner Exposition; and a closing session featuring Indiana Colts Community Spokesperson, Josh Bleill.
An added component of the conference is a community outreach program. ALA has partnered with Hiring Our Heroes to offer two initiatives: (1) support our deployed troops; and (2) assist our service members and military veterans with their transition to civilian jobs. Please see corresponding flyer for more information about ways you can volunteer for these projects. If you are interested in volunteering, please be sure to check the box on your registration form.
Are you unable to attend the conference but would like to participate in these initiatives? Contact Julie Hill to donate your gently-used suits or toiletry items by October 27. Or, bring your donations to the Gateway Legal Forum & Marketplace at the Four Seasons on Thursday, October 30!
Excellent speakers, high level educational content and networking opportunities in a glamorous venue. This is an event not to be missed!
Julie S. Hill, SPHR Chair, Human Resources Conference for Legal
ALA’s Human Resources Conference for Legal Professionals Conference Committee is partnering with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes program in coordinating several initiatives to help our veterans and service members. Your participation in the following activities will greatly benefit our heroes.
The first initiative is to support our deployed troops. There are two easy ways to participate:
1. Be ready to write a letter, thank you note or a holiday card thanking our service men and women for their service to our country. You are encouraged to show your support to a deployed military service member by writing a message of thanks and support. A writing station will be located near the conference registration table.
2. Save your toiletries! Pack any spare toiletries and bring them to conference or partner with your Chapter members attending the conference and send a package of items for your arrival at the hotel. Please keep in mind of the TSA prohibited items if you are transporting them in your carry-on luggage. You may also elect to donate any unused toiletries from your hotel room. There will be a donation box located near the registration table.
The second initiative is to assist military veterans with their job searches. At the conclusion of the conference, we will offer resources to job seeking veterans and transitioning military personnel such as:
• Assist with writing resumes and cover letters. Veterans will learn how to format a resume and tips and advice for updating resumes.
• Participation in a mock interview. The interview will resemble a real interview as closely as possible and prepare the veterans for job interviews.
• Donate to a business suit clothing drive! Pack extra work attire items you no longer need and bring them with you to conference. Drop the items in the donation box near the registration table. Or ship to: Hiring Our Heroes, c/o Debra Burgos, Boies Schiller & Flexner, LLP, Suite 800, 300 S. 4th St., Las Vegas, NV 89101. Both men’s and women’s clothing are welcome!
If you see a veteran between your conference sessions, be sure to thank them for their service!
Thank you for your help!
Human Resources Conference for Legal Professionals Conference Committee